First of all, here is the book identity:
Title: Tuesdays with Morrie
Writer: Mitch Albom
Publisher: Time Warner Books (2005)
Page: 210 pages
Book Category: Non Fiction, Memoirs
We can get many lesson about “The Meaning of Live” everywhere and should always ready to open our heart to receive all of the studies. One of them is from book that I made it’s summary for you. The title is “Tuesday With Morrie”, had been written by Mitch Albom.
Well, do you ever have a great teacher for all of your live? Mitch Albom is one of the luckiest man because Morrie Schwartz, a wise lecture from Brandeis University the city of Waltham Massachusetts, who almost die at that time, selected him to be his student in his last class. They were a “Tuesday Person” because the class was be hold every that day. No book, no certain topic in sylabus, no examination, but the student expected to produce one long paper on what was learned. Mitch, the only student, made a reports about this worth meeting to the readers.
Morrie just an usual old man with sparkling blue-green eyes, thunning silver hair that spills onto his forehead, big ears, a triangular nose and tufts of graying eyebrows like christmas elf, short and thin body. As a favorite doctor of sociology, his class always full of student. They want to learn with Morrie, include Mitch.
Mitch and Morrie didn’t keep in touch for about 16 years after the last meeting at sticky Saturday spiring of 1979. It is Mitch’s graduation moment from university. After a dozen years, Mitch found his dearest professor accidently, on television show. The Professor in a bad condition because of the unforgiving illness of the neurological system, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
First time the illnes indicated at 1994. In television show, Morrie share about his sickness in the different way. He shared about how he handle that illness with thank to God. He would not wither. He would not be ashamed of dying. Instead he would make death his final project: His Own Death. Mitch decided to meet The Professor and he was very lucky to be Morrie’s partner for the project.
Week by week, on Tuesday of course, Mitch received many lesson from Morrie. He did not forget to recorded it, so he could make the report completely for his final duty. Mitch like his spiritual teacher for him. Although dying, Morrie have given many advices that invited Mitch, and us as a reader, take many contemplation about our own live.
As a Tuesday people, they talk about the world, feeling sorry, regrets, death, familly, emotions, fear of aging, money, how love goes on, marriage, our culture, forgiveness, the perfect day, and finally, Morrie should say good bye and gave graduation for Mitch at once.
There are many massages from Morrie. I just quots some of them:
– Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do. Accept the past as past without denying it or discarding it learn to forgive others. Don’t assume that it’s too late to get involved.
– Enjoy the process. Live is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in. -Morrie Schwartz-
– Just a few tearful minutes, then on with the day.
– If you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too–even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.
– If you want the experience of having complete responsibility for another human being, and to learn how to love and bond in the deepest way, then you should have children. Even though there is a painfull price to pay, because you’ll be leaving them.
– Friends are great, but friends are not going to be here on a night when you’re coughing and can’t sleep and someone has to sit up all night with you, comfort you, try to be helpful.
– Everyone know they’re going to die but nobody believes it. It better approach to know you are going to die and be prepared for it at any time.
– Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.
– I envy about something, health young age, for example. I feel it, accept it, and then I let it go.
– To finding a meaningful live, devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.
– Building your own little sub-culture. I dont mean you disregard every rule of your community. I dont go around naked, for example. I dont run through red lights. The little things, I can obey. But the big things–how we think, what we value–thosenyou must choose yourself. You can let anyone–or any society–determine those for you.
Heavy rain in Pare Kediri, 08122016